ST. GEORGE — Ross D. Parke is presenting his lecture, “Fatherhood: Remembering the Past, Imagining the Future,” at Dixie State University’s weekly “Dixie Forum: A Window on the World” series Tuesday from noon to 12:50 p.m. in the Dunford Auditorium in the Browning Resource Center on the DSU campus, 225 South 700 East, St. George. Admission is free and all are welcome.
An expert on the development of social behavior in children, Parke’s recent research includes looking at the effects and meaning of fathers for adolescents. He has written or co-written more than 30 books and nearly 300 articles, chapters and reviews in addition to giving more than 300 conference presentations.
In addition, Parke, who is currently serving as an endowed chair in human development and family studies at Iowa State University, is a distinguished professor emeritus at University of California, Riverside. He started working for the institution in 1990 and in addition to serving as a professor of psychology, has served as the presidential chair in psychology and director for the Center for Family Studies.
About “Dixie Forum: A Window on the World” series
Dixie Forum is a lecture series designed to introduce the St. George community and DSU students, faculty and staff to diverse ideas and personalities while widening their worldviews via a 50-minute presentation.
The remainder of the spring Dixie Forum schedule is below. All forums will be at noon on Tuesdays in the Dunford Auditorium of the Browning Resource Center on the DSU campus.
- April 7 | Josh Udall, presenting on cotton genomics and DNA sequencing
- April 14 | David Wolske, creative director of Book Arts Program and Red Butte Press, presenting on typography and design
- April 21 | Rico E. Del Sesto, Tracey O’Kelly, and the Sustainability Committee, presenting on Earth Day
Event details and resources
- What: “Dixie Forum: A Window on the World”
- When: Tuesday, March 31, at noon
- Where: Dunford Auditorium of the Browning Resource Center, Dixie State University campus, 225 S. 700 East, St. George
- Contact: DSU Forum coordinator John Burns | Telephone 435-879-4712 | Email burns@
- Dixie forum website
- Dixie State student and his physician father help medical team in Dominican Republic
- Cliven Bundy’s granddaughter left behind during father’s overnight jail stay
- SUV rolls en route to family Thanksgiving; grandfather, ‘The angels were with us’