News short: Firemen respond to cooking fire at Hidden Valley apartment

St. George Firefighters respond to a fire at an apartment on Hidden Valley Drive, St. George, Utah, March 28, 2015 | Photo by Holly Coombs, St. George News

ST. GEORGE — St. George Fire Department responded to a fire within an apartment at 3155 S. Hidden Valley Drive Saturday night after cooking oil in a pan on the stove ignited.

At approximately 6 p.m., three firetrucks arrived at the apartment where a fire had started in the pan of cooking oil on the stovetop, St. George Fire Capt. Dan Cazier said. The fire was out with smoke still billowing out of the home by the time the Fire Department arrived, he said. The three residents had evacuated.

St. George Firefighters respond to a fire at an apartment on Hidden Valley Drive, St. George, Utah, March 28, 2015 | Photo by Holly Coombs, St. George News
St. George Firefighters respond to a fire at an apartment on Hidden Valley Drive, St. George, Utah, March 28, 2015 | Photo by Holly Coombs, St. George News

Firefighters extinguished the yet smoldering areas.

The fire caused minor damage to the microwave above the stove and the top surface area, Cazier said.

No injuries were reported and Gold Cross Ambulance’s response was precautionary.

This report is based on preliminary information provided by emergency responders and may not contain the full scope of findings.

Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery. 

Related posts

Email: hcoombs@stgnews.com

Twitter: @STGnews

Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!

Posted in NewsTagged , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.