ST GEORGE — The March 28 deadline is fast approaching to apply for a scholarship provided by the Dixie Garden Club. This year they will be awarding two scholarships to entering freshmen or current Dixie State University students enrolled in a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science program. The monetary award of each scholarship is $600.
Criteria to apply
- Entering freshmen must have a minimum 3.0 high school GPA
- Current DSU students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Financial need is not a criterion but will be taken into consideration on a case-by-case basis
Late applications will not be considered. The application form is available online.
Official high school or college transcripts, a short essay and a small photograph must be included with the application and submitted to club president Rhonda Bowcut, 2891 S. Rim Crest Drive, St. George.
The Dixie Garden Club was established over 20 years ago with the purpose of assisting and cooperating with city and county sponsored beautification projects, to invite speakers on horticulture related topics, to share knowledge and exchange seeds and plantings with other members and to encourage water conservation.
- Contacts: Rhonda Bowcut at telephone 435-674-2293 or by email | Marcia Burchstead at telephone 435-275-7818 or by email
- Dixie Garden Club scholarship applications due
- All things roses discussed at Dixie Garden Club, public invited
- Growing and grooming ornamental grasses; Dixie Garden Club