ST. GEORGE – The Washington County Drug Task Force arrested a 37-year-old woman Thursday for drug distribution in St. George. The woman is also facing child endangerment and other drug-related charges from an incident in January.
The task force conducted a narcotics distribution investigation into Janee Marie O’Connor, of St. George, task force Detective Nick Hallman said in a probable cause statement supporting the arrest.
During the course of the January investigation, the task force conducted a controlled buy of methamphetamine on two occasions in St. George through the use of a confidential informant who purchased meth from O’Connor, according to the statement.
O’Connor was arrested and booked into the Washington County Purgatory Correctional Facility on Thursday.
She was charged with two second-degree felonies for drug distribution, and one third-degree felony for drug possession.
Judge Jeffrey C. Wilcox, of the 5th District Court, set O’Connor’s bail at $25,000 during her initial court appearance Friday.
O’Connor is currently facing additional charges for child endangerment and drug and drug paraphernalia possession stemming from a Jan. 27 offense.
O’Connor is scheduled to make her next court appearance on March 19, where she will be represented by court appointed Attorney Jay T. Winward after being found indigent by the court.
Persons arrested or charged are presumed innocent until found guilty in a court of law or as otherwise decided by a trier-of-fact.
- Drug-free zones: What, where are they? What is their purpose? STGnews Videocast
- Utah considers major criminal justice reform, reduced drug offense charges
- St. George sisters arrested for meth distribution, possession
- Task force nabs alleged heroin dealer
- Task force nabs man in possession of distributable amount of meth
- 2nd drug distribution arrest in a month for would-be shoplifter
- Arrest made in 6 alleged drug overdoses at DSU off-campus complex
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.