ST. GEORGE — Dixie State University’s Dental Hygiene program will host its final dental sealant community service event of the 2014-15 academic year Monday, from 5-8 p.m., at the Dr. Mervyn and Sue Cox Dental Hygiene Clinic located at 1526 East Medical Center Drive in St. George.
The event is geared toward providing free sealants to Washington County children up to age 18 with permanent teeth. Sealants are a protective coating which prevent permanent teeth from developing cavities.
The event will be held during the evening hours as program administrators want to accommodate families who cannot make it earlier in the day.
- What: Dental sealant community service event
- When: Monday, Feb. 23, from 5-8 p.m.
- Where: Dr. Mervyn and Sue Cox Dental Hygiene Clinic, DSU Russell C. Taylor Health Science Center, DRMC River Road campus, 1526 East Medical Center Drive, St. George
- Contact: Sandy Wilson by telephone 435-879-4902.
- DSU’s Dental Hygiene website
- University’s dental hygiene program offers free ‘Sealant Saturday’ for children
- Commission seeks input for DSU accreditation, dental hygiene program
- DSU’s Dental Hygiene Outreach Program conducting special oral health clinic