GRAND CANYON, Arizona — The National Park Service Search and Rescue crews expanded the search area Friday for missing Drake L. Kramer. Kramer, 21, from San Antonio, Texas, was reported missing by family Monday.
The search area was expanded east from the South Rim developed area along Highway 64 towards Grandview.
National Park Service personnel assigned to the search have walked dozens of miles along the rim of the canyon, covered several miles of wooded area, traversed along the edge of the canyon walls, and in some instances completed technical rappelling searches over the edge. The park helicopter continues to provide aerial supervision and reconnaissance.
Kramer’s last known location was at the South Rim of Grand Canyon National Park. Kramer spent the night of Jan. 31 at the Bright Angel Lodge and checked out on the morning of Feb. 1.
Description of Kramer
- Name: Drake L. Kramer
- Age: 21
- Height: 5’7″
- Weight: 140 pounds
- Hair color: Brown
- Eye color: Brown
It is unknown what he was last wearing. However, it is known that he favors dark colored clothing and typically wears a backwards baseball hat or a bandanna.
- Anyone with information on the location of Kramer is asked to contact the National Park Service Silent Witness Line at 928-638-7840
The National Park Service is currently conducting a Search and Rescue operation. A missing persons investigation is ongoing. No further information is available at this time.
- Man reported missing from Grand Canyon
- Man reported missing from Milford located in Las Vegas
- MISSING: 30-year-old Murray Woman Kayelyn Louder
- Grand Canyon search continues for missing Texas man