ST. GEORGE – The Snow Canyon Half Marathon returns to Southern Utah this weekend, and to prepare, packet pickup and road closures should be on participants’ radars.
Worried about packet pickup for this race because it happens on Halloween? No need to worry! Participants can get their packets and have some spooky fun all at the same time at the Snow Canyon Half Marathon “Expooootacular”! Pick up your race packet and celebrate Halloween all in one place. This year’s packet pickup will take place at Staheli Family Farm in Washington City, and race participants can pick up their bib numbers and get scared silly in a one-stop location for Halloween.
All expo patrons will receive a free wristband for the Staheli Family Farm farmland and petting zoo. An all-inclusive “Runners on the Farm” pass can be purchased for $10 at the admissions counter, which will provide entrance to the pumpkin patch and hayride as well as unlimited corn maze access and a one-time Field of Screams pass.
An impending road closure for the Snow Canyon Half Marathon should be noted. Snow Canyon Drive through Snow Canyon State Park will be closed from approximately 8-11 a.m. on Saturday. This closure is in conjunction with the Snow Canyon Half Marathon, which is sponsored by the City of St. George.
Rated one of the top half-marathons in the country by Runner’s Magazine, the Snow Canyon Half Marathon is expected to draw approximately 2,000 runners to participate in the 13.1-mile race that will wind its way through beautiful Snow Canyon.
This year’s event will trace a route through the scenic landscape of Snow Canyon State Park. The course is USATF certified, primarily downhill, very fast and very challenging. It is one of the most breathtaking courses St. George has to offer.
Runners in the 5K event will start at Snow Canyon High School and run on the surrounding trails that finish on the high school track. Tuff Kids events will take place on the track and surrounding areas of the high school.
- Friday, Oct. 31 events at Staheli Farm, 3400 S. Washington Fields Road in Washington City:
- Noon-9 p.m. – Packet pickup
- Noon-11 p.m. – Farmland and corn maze
- Noon-7 p.m. – Pumpkin patch and Wicka’s candle cottage
- 4-6 p.m. – Candy in the corn
- 7 p.m. – Pig races
- 7:30 p.m. – Field of Screams opens
- Saturday, Nov. 1 start times:
- 8:30 a.m. – Half marathon
- 9 a.m. – 5K
- 11:30 a.m. – Tuff Kids run
- For more information about the road closure, contact Snow Canyon State Park staff at 435-628-2255
- Snow Canyon Half Marathon continues to grow in popularity; STGnews Videocast and Photo Gallery
- Snow Canyon Half-Marathon globally recognized as ‘Best Half Marathon’
- Ghosts, ghouls, games for ‘spooktacular’ cause; STGnews Photo Gallery