VIRGIN RIVER GORGE, Arizona – The Arizona Department of Transportation and the Federal Highway Administration are seeking public comments on the proposed rehabilitation of Virgin River Bridge No. 1, located on Interstate 15 near the communities of Beaver Dam and Littlefield, Arizona.
As part of the National Environmental Policy Act, FHWA and ADOT are beginning work on an Environmental Assessment, which will evaluate potential environmental and socio-economic impacts from the proposed bridge rehabilitation.
Essential to identifying the best program of solutions is the participation of and feedback from individuals like you, the agencies’ notice states.
Comments from the public regarding the proposed scope of construction, potential alternatives, sensitive resources, potential impacts, or other issues and concerns, may be submitted through Nov. 28.
- To view the project map and study information, go to: Virgin River Bridge #1 Scoping Newsletter
- To provide input during the public comment period, you can participate in the following ways:
- Deadline: Nov. 28
- If you have questions about the study, please email ADOT at email@example.com or call the ADOT information line at telephone 855-712-8530.
- ADOT completes series of bridge projects, easing Gorge traffic restrictions
- ADOT seeks public input on 2019 Virgin River Bridge No. 1 project
- ADOT begins largest bridge reconstruction project in Virgin River Gorge, Bridge No. 6 on I-15
- ADOT: Virgin River Gorge bridge improvement schedule
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.