Nevada man arrested for drug possession with intention to distribute

CEDAR CITY — After a routine traffic stop Sunday afternoon, a Cedar City Police officer arrested a 34-year-old Nevada man for possession of multiple drugs with the intention to distribute.

At 4:33 p.m. Sunday, Cedar City Police Officer Clint Pollock stopped Danh Nguyen, of Mesquite, Nevada, for failing to signal. During the traffic stop, Pollock discovered marijuana and other drugs in Nguyen’s possession, according to a probable cause statement filed by Pollock in support of the arrest.

Danh Nguyen of Mesquite, Nevada, booking photo posted Sept. 28, 2014 | Photo courtesy of Iron County Sheriff’s Office, for St. George News
Danh Nguyen, of Mesquite, Nevada, booking photo posted Sept. 28, 2014 | Photo courtesy of Iron County Sheriff’s Office, for St. George News

“I searched the vehicle on plain smell and located a large amount of marijuana under the driver’s seat in a grocery bag, estimate of two ounces,” Pollock wrote in the statement. “The marijuana was in four separate bags in different amounts and based on my training and experience, it appeared to be ready for sale.”

Pollock also located acetaminophen and hydrocodone bitartrate, a schedule 3 controlled substance, in a prescription bottle with the label scratched off. Additionally, methamphetamine and a marijuana pipe were found in Nguyen’s vehicle.

“Danh didn’t have a prescription for pills nor could I identify who they were prescribed to with the label missing,” Pollock said in the statement. “Danh has a previous arrest for controlled substance and drug paraphernalia but it didn’t have any disposition. I gave Danh his rights and he invoked his right to remain silent.”

Nguyen was charged with two third-degree felonies for  possession of methamphetamine and marijuana with intent to distribute; two class B misdemeanors for possession of a schedule 3 drug and drug paraphernalia; and one class C misdemeanor for failing to signal.

Nguyen was booked into the Iron County Jail, where he remains on $10,000 bail.

Persons arrested or charged are presumed innocent until found guilty in a court of law or as otherwise decided by a trier-of-fact.

Related posts

Email: hcoombs@stgnews.com

Twitter: @STGnews

Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.

• reggin September 30, 2014 at 7:18 pm

seriously who cares even the least bit. what a stupid news article. this “news” is worth even less than the 12 dollar/hour … who busted this guy.
    Ed. ellipsis.

• kaite October 1, 2014 at 1:05 pm

I care, considering this man hacked my bank account, stole my car, attempted to kidnap my son. Thank goodness they caught him and this article, or I would have had no idea. Even though he was already released and nothing was done!

• ladybugavenger September 30, 2014 at 9:42 pm

He’s from Vegas, pulled over for being from Vegas, Vegas has drugs, he has drugs, easy bust…

• Bobber September 30, 2014 at 11:03 pm

An Asian man from Nevada… I sure hope his bishop can put in a good word for him, otherwise he’s in big trouble.

• kaite October 1, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Not from vegas from mesquite! And whats with the bishop comment?

• ladybugavenger October 1, 2014 at 11:06 pm

My apklogies kaite….He’s from Nevada, he got pulled over for being from Nevada, Nevad has drugs, he has drugs, easy bust…

• Koolaid October 1, 2014 at 12:22 pm

This is unbelievable! I’d be more apt to believe he’d get arrested in Cedar City for multiple dogs with the intention to distribute. Kinda like running a prostitution ring.

• kaite October 1, 2014 at 1:02 pm

None of you have any idea of this situation. Why do you even comment?

• Ann October 1, 2014 at 3:17 pm

NONE of you know anything about this man! All he does is nails! AND kidnapping your son HESA GOOD DAD LADY!!! AND he works hard!! You just mad Katie.

• kaite October 2, 2014 at 8:14 am

All he does is nails?? Please!! He hasnt been doing his job in years! He used to work for me! He’s a good dad? What? Youre there? You see him with my son? He hasnt seen him in over a month! And when he does, he lets him play violent video games while he sleeps off his high. He forgets to feed him. Would you like to see all the police reports where he refused to give my kid back, and when he tried hiding him with his crackhead roommate? I admit, he USED to be a good guy. Even a good Dad. But those days are long gone. So don’t try defending a drug dealer!

• Bobber October 1, 2014 at 10:24 pm

I would be more worried if he was distributing dogs. Bishop might pull his recommend….

• Koolaid October 2, 2014 at 5:32 pm

Definitely, if those dogs are of the Heinz 57 variety.

• Tina Kolinas October 3, 2014 at 6:31 am

His Bishop? Do you think he’s Morman? Such incredible unawareness.

• Tina February 6, 2015 at 10:20 pm

This … is just about to break into your jack … Morman home. You are just about as bad as Isis.
    Ed. ellipsis