ST. GEORGE — The Washington County nominating commission has selected three nominees for a vacancy at the Washington County Justice Court. The position will replace Judge Paul Dame who has been appointed to the 5th District Juvenile Court.
The nominees, followed by current place of employment and residence, are:
- Eric Russell Gentry, J.D., deputy county attorney, Washington County Attorney’s Office, Santa Clara prosecutor, and City of Enterprise prosecutor, St. George.
- Ronald L. Read, J.D., Read & Wright Naegle Jensen, St. George.
- Rachelle Shumway, J.D., deputy county attorney, Washington County Attorney’s Office, Ivins.
A comment period will be held through July 31, before a final candidate is selected by the chairman of the Washington County Commission. The chairman has 30 days to make an appointment, which is subject to ratification by the Washington County Commission. The Utah Judicial Council must then certify the appointment.
- To submit written comments about the candidates contact Melisse Stiglich | email@example.com | 801-578-3844
- For further information on the Justice Court Nominating Commission members click here.
- Applications invited: Washington County Justice Court judge position
- 5th District Juvenile Court gets new judges, gubernatorial appointments
- Washington County Veterans Court, now in session