GUNLOCK – A Southern Utah tradition concludes for the 69th time Saturday at the final night of the annual Gunlock Rodeo. The last day of action for this three-day event begins at 8 p.m. at the Gunlock rodeo grounds.
The Gunlock Rodeo has taken place every year since 1945, according to information from the Gunlock Rodeo Facebook page.
Admission to the event is $5 for adults, $3 for children ages 6-12, and free for children 6 and younger. Events include roping, barrel racing, a bull riding exhibition, participant races and children’s events.
The Gunlock rodeo arena is located 30 minutes northwest of St. George, between Gunlock Reservoir and Veyo (see map insert).
- When: Saturday, July 5, 8 p.m.
- Where: Gunlock Rodeo Grounds
- Admission: $5 adults, $3 kids 6-12, free kids 6 and younger
- Contact: Gunlock Rodeo Facebook page
Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery.
- Teen girl falls from ledge onto rocks at Gunlock Reservoir
- Cowboy up; DSU freshman competes in College National Finals Rodeo
- Lake to Lake Relay, Gunlock to Sand Hollow; late registration options
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.