SOUTHERN UTAH – The National Park Service will once again join with the National Park Foundation to present National Park Week, a presidentially proclaimed celebration of our national heritage, April 19-27. In addition, every national park will offer free admission Saturday and Sunday during opening weekend.
April 22 is Earth Day, so if you want to roll up your sleeves and pitch in with a project, look for a park where you can help out. It’s a perfect time to simply get outdoors and take a walk in a park.
On April 26, National Junior Ranger Day, parks will invite young visitors to “explore, learn, protect” and be sworn in as junior rangers.
Also, don’t forget to check out National Park Week online. There you can share your national park photos, videos, and tips. While you’re there, learn all about the ways you can help support your national parks all year round.
2014 Fee-free day schedule:
- April 19-20 | Opening weekend of National Park Week
- Aug. 25 | National Park Service Birthday
- Sept. 27 | National Public Lands Day
- Nov. 11 | Veterans Day
- Click here for a list of all participating fee-free day areas
- National Park Foundation
- 10th Annual Zion Canyon Earth Day
- Enjoy climate-friendly festivities during Zion Canyon Earth Day
- National Park Service announces 2014 schedule for fee-free days
- Special annual pass offered for some of Utah’s national parks
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.