ST. GEORGE – Springtime is here and with summer around the corner people are ready to explore the forest, recreate and camp in their favorite location. The Dixie National Forest encourages visitors to “Know Before You Go” and learn about the travel conditions and numerous opportunities available for exploration on the Forest.
The Oak Grove Campground, as well as the Oak Grove road, Forest Service Road No. 032, is scheduled to reopen on May 1. The Oak Grove road is closed for heavy maintenance repairs. The upper road near the campground had a washout this in the fall 2013 and crews are working to repair the culvert. Additionally, forest service road crews are doing some mechanical vegetation brushing along the roadway to improve access and driving visibility.
Additional road repairs, drainage and road grading are being performed to improve travel and public safety on this popular road.
The campgrounds on the Pine Valley Ranger District are planned to reopen as scheduled:
|Oak Grove Campground||
|Honey Comb Rocks Campground||
|Pine Valley Recreation Area:||
|Dean Gardner loop||
|Yellow Pine, Equestrian, Mitt Moody||
|Crack foot, Effie Beckstrand loops||
|Ebenezer Bryce loop||
- Pine Valley Recreation Area
- Dixie National Forest
- Pine Valley Ranger District telephone: 435-652-3100
- Valve repair results in oil leak in Dixie National Forest
- Take a family Christmas chopping trip in Dixie National Forest
- Dixie National Forest area closure: Rendezvous Mineral Pit, Navajo Lake
- Prescribed burn scheduled for Dixie National Forest