Structure fire quickly put out by firefighters, no injures

Firefighter outside a home on Donlee Drive where a fire was reported an outdoor deck, St. George, April 2, 2014 | Photo by Mori Kessler, St. George News

ST. GEORGE – Firefighters were dispatched to a structure fire at 244 North Donlee Drive Wednesday evening. Residents inside the three-story home called 911 when it began to fill with smoke.

“They didn’t try to fight the fire,” St. George Fire Chief Robert Stoker said. “They just got out like they should.”

The fire was isolated to the outside of an upper-level deck, Stoker said. The fire burned into the wall, but firefighters were able to get to it before it could travel into the ceiling. The fire damaged the wooden deck and the wall, but only on the outside.

Once the firefighters made sure all hotspots were put out and carbon monoxide levels inside the home were confirmed safe, the residents will be allowed back inside the home, Stoker said.

No injuries, no real damage to the inside of the home, so (the residents) will be able to stay here tonight,” he said.

Related posts

Email: mkessler@stgnews.com

Twitter: @MoriKessler

Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!

Posted in NewsTagged , ,

2 Comments

  • Jon R. Cocktoasten April 2, 2014 at 8:10 pm

    Awesome job SGFD!!!

  • zoo mania April 3, 2014 at 8:03 am

    So sorry to hear about. K

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.