ST. GEORGE – The Washington County Republican Party’s 2014 Lincoln Day breakfast will be at the Dixie State University Gardner Center in St. George on Feb. 15. This is an annual fundraising event in honor of the 16th president’s birthday and in recognition of Lincoln’s key role in shaping the early Republican Party.
Tickets are $25 per person, sponsorships for tables of 8 are $300, for purchase at Zions Bank at 40 East St. George Blvd. in St. George, or by contacting Brent Hall at 435-680-3083 or Todd Jones at 435-229-8379.
Breakfast service will begin at 7:30 a.m. and a meet-and-greet with elected officials will begin at 7:45 a.m. The formal program will start promptly at 8:20 a.m.
The event will feature Utah’s Lt. Gov. Spencer Cox as the keynote speaker. Reports will be given by Gov. Gary Herbert, U.S. Sen. Mike Lee, U.S. Rep. Chris Stewart, state Rep. Lowry Snow, and County Commissioner Alan Gardner, among others.
“We are excited to hear from our new Lt. Gov. Spencer Cox,” Nick Lang, Chairman of the Washington County Republican Party said. “He is young, bright, conservative and because he was born, raised, and lives in Sanpete County he understands issues that we face being off the Wasatch Front.”
Cox was appointed lieutenant governor by Herbert On Oct. 8, 2013, to replace outgoing Lt. Gov. Greg Bell. Cox was previously a state representative for District 58 in Sanpete County. The governor said he chose the 38-year-old Republican because of his intellect, business experience, political record, and rural roots.
- When: Saturday, Feb. 15.
- 7:30 a.m. | Breakfast
- 7:45 a.m. | Elected officials meet-and-greet
- 8:20 a.m. | Formal program
- Where: Dixie State University Gardner Center, 255 South 700 East, St. George
- Ticket price: $25 per person | Table of 8 sponsorship $300
- Purchase Tickets: Zions Bank, 40 East St. George Blvd., St. George | Telephone – Brent Hall 435-680-3083 or Todd Jones 435-229-8379
- For additional event information visit the Washington County Republicans website
- Lee addresses Freedom Forum, young politicians during Southern Utah visit; ‘assert your rights or risk losing them’
- Republicans host Freedom Forum with Rep. Chris Stewart
- Students bring Lincoln’s words to life on Gettysburg Address 150th anniversary
- What the HAYnes? What do Abe Lincoln, Scarlett O’Hara, and Chick-fil-A have in common?
- Perspectives: In remembrance of the Bill of Rights