ST. GEORGE — At approximately 7:40 p.m., Tuesday, an accident occurred at the intersection of Sunset Boulevard and Westridge Drive right in front of Arctic Circle. No injuries were reported, but both cars had to be towed from the scene.
Allegedly, a silver Toyota Corolla was headed west on Sunset Drive, ran a red light, and t-boned a silver GMC Sierra that was traveling northbound on Westridge drive, Sgt. Dave Williams of the St. George Police Department said. The driver of the silver Toyota Corolla admitted that he was distracted, Williams said. The driver didn’t notice there was a red light until he was going through the intersection and collided with the Sierra.
The passenger side door of the GMC Sierra was damaged and the front end of the Toyota Corolla was crushed in.
“Thank goodness nobody was injured in this,” Sgt. Dave Williams said. “Just kind of a reminder that you gotta focus on driving instead of being distracted.”
Ed. Note: Street names have been corrected.
Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery.
- City launches massive campaign against distracted driving
- Community Action Team public meeting on distracted driving, child safety
- First of many no-texting signs unveiled in St. George
- Victim’s family brings ‘No Texting’ traffic signs to St. George
- Distracted driver triggers three-car accident, two sent to hospital
- Health Department cautions: Avoid drowsy driving
- Woman arrested in connection with fatal auto-pedestrian accident
New from STGnews.com
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2013, all rights reserved.