ST. GEORGE – Inspired by National Adoption Month, which is November, local agencies are coming together for a “Celebrating Families through Adoption” event on Nov. 9, from noon to 3 p.m., at Vernon Worthen Park in St. George.
This is the third year this event has been held celebrating children who have found permanent and loving homes through adoption. It is also designed to educate the community and recruit future adoptive families for children who are still looking for a place to call home.
There are many faces to adoption. Adoptions can be open or closed, through private agencies, state foster care or even from other countries. Adoption creates a different kind of family, and adding to your family through adoption or foster care can be the most rewarding gift you could ever give your family.
On this free, fun-filled afternoon, Celebrating Families through Adoption will offer something for everyone – those who are considering adoption, those who have already adopted, and those who are merely concerned and interested in the welfare of children in need of adoptive families.
Representatives from various agencies will be on hand to answer questions about adoption and their particular services.
There will be carnival games, live musical performances, the ARMY/ROTC rock wall, a bounce house, face painting, hair braiding, prize drawings, princesses and other character visits, balloons, food and Blue Bunny ice cream.
This celebration is a collaborative effort of state agencies, private agencies, and community organizations, and gives an opportunity for families, birth parents and adoptees in Southern Utah to connect and create a strong support system within the community.
Event Details and contact information
- When: Nov. 9, from noon to 3 p.m.
- Where: Vernon Worthen Park in St. George
- Admission: Free
- Website: Celebrating Families through Adoption | Facebook
- Big dreams, little miracles; Pound the Pavement for Parenthood
- Willing families, homes needed for Cedar City children; Utah Foster Care Foundation public forum
- Washington grants $150K to nonprofit’s transitional housing project; community center, youth council recognized
- Child advocate named ‘Woman of the Year’ by Utah Business Women; STGnews Photo Gallery
- Utah’s foster care system; parents, children and advisors
- Utah foster mom member of Survivor tribe airing today on CBS
New from STGnews.com
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2013, all rights reserved.