Mesquite Fire and Rescue respond to vehicle fire, person suffering smoke inhalation

Mesquite Fire and Rescue responds to vehicle fire in a carport of a residence on Gean Street, person suffering from smoke inhalation, Mesquite, Nev., June 28, 2013 | Photo courtesy of Mesquite Fire and Rescue, St. George News

MESQUITE, Nev. – Mesquite Engine 11, with four personnel, responded to a reported vehicle fire at a residence on Gean Street Friday at approximately 3 p.m.

The engine arrived to find the 1984 pickup truck parked underneath a carport which was attached to a residence.  The engine compartment of the truck was involved with fire which was heavily impinging on the home.

One person was found to be suffering from smoke inhalation and an ambulance had to be requested from Bunkerville due to no further resources available in Mesquite.

Mesquite Rescue 31 was able to clear their prior incident and respond although there was a delay in an ambulance arriving to the scene.

The suffering person was transported to the hospital by Mesquite units for evaluation.

The quick actions of the Mesquite engine crew 11 kept the fire confined to the vehicle and they were able to determine with thermal imaging equipment that the fire was unable to extend into the home.

An investigation is ongoing although there is currently no reason to suspect the fire was intentional in nature.

The vehicle was a total loss.

Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery. 

Submitted by: Capt. John Gately, C-Platton, Mesquite Fire and Rescue

Email: news@stgnews.com

Twitter: @STGnews

Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2013, all rights reserved.

Mesquite Fire and Rescue responds to vehicle fire in a carport of a residence on Gean Street, person suffering from smoke inhalation, Mesquite, Nev., June 28, 2013 | Photo courtesy of Mesquite Fire and Rescue, St. George News
Mesquite Fire and Rescue responds to vehicle fire in a carport of a residence on Gean Street, person suffering from smoke inhalation, Mesquite, Nev., June 28, 2013 | Photo courtesy of Mesquite Fire and Rescue, St. George News

 

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.