CEDAR CITY – Weather and fuel conditions permitting, Dixie National Forest will ignite a series of prescribed burns over the next couple weeks.
- Ahlstrom Hollow – Located approximately 20 miles southeast of Panguitch on the Paunsagunt Plateau in the Powell Ranger District.
- Pretty Tree Bench – Located four miles northwest of Boulder in the Escalante Range District.
- Duck Creek Piles – Located in and around the south end of Duck Creek Village in the Cedar City Ranger District; will only be ignited if there is spring snow. Otherwise, it will be burned the coming fall.
- Edward Springs – Located seven miles northeast of Paragonah in the Cedar City Ranger District.
- Henrie Knolls – Located five miles north of Duck Creek Village in the Cedar City Ranger District.
The burns may remain visible for a week or two as fire continues to clean up surface fuels after the ignitions. Smoke may continue to be visible in the surrounding areas following the prescribed fire ignition phase.
These prescribed burns are designed to improve forest conditions and make communities and forest resources less vulnerable to future large wildfires. For more information, contact Dixie National Forest at 435-865-3700.
Submitted by: Dixie National Forest