SOUTHERN UTAH – The Utah Department of Transportation has released its weekly construction update for its Region 4, in which Washington and Iron countries reside. What follows are the various UDOT road projects taking place in the counties and the expected impact they will have on traffic through Oct. 7.
State Route 18 Redhills to milepost 6.5
Contract: A-T Asphalt Paving
Location: Bluff Street north of Redhills Parkway for 2.5 miles
– Single lane in each direction
– Delays of up to 15 minutes
State Route 9 LaVerkin to Rockville
Contract: Western Rock Products
Location: West of Zion National Park
– Single lane traffic with flagging operations
– Guardrail and sign installation
Interstate 15 Lunt Park Rest Area
Contract: Mel Clark, Inc.
Location: North of Paragonah
– Rest area is open
– Please respect work zone barricades and follow traffic control signs
– Northbound rest area parking lot work.
I-15 Summit to Paragonah
Contract: W. W. Clyde & Co
Location: Mileposts 69 to 83
– Weekday single lane closures during construction hours
– Traffic will run on the fast lane this week
Restoring State Route 14
UDOT’s Restore 14 Project is now complete. Between March 15 and Sept. 26, 2012 the Restore 14 team replaced and improved the section of state Route 14 that was destroyed by a major landslide and made improvements to other smaller slides and features along the route. SR-14 will continue to be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2012, all rights reserved.