ST. GEORGE - Fire crews were dispatched to 860 S Village Road to the Sports Village Resort in Green Valley at 9:08 p.m., Monday.
A fire had started in the attic of an apartment on the third floor of Building E.
St. George Fire Department’s Chief Robert Stoker reported no one was home at the time and the residents of the apartment complex were able to evacuate without incident. The apartment had been rented for the week by a vacationing family, Stoker said.
Multiple teams arrived on the scene to deal with the fire. Stoker said this was so the fire crews had enough resources when dealing with a fire in a multistory building.
The fire was put out around 9:50 p.m.