I-15, Black Ridge to the Iron County Line
Contract: W.W. Clyde & Co.
Location: Between the Toquerville and New Harmony exits.
Impact: *Minor delays are possible in the event of blasting.
*The northbound lane shifts to the right at approximately milepost 33.
*Expect single lane closures and reduced speeds in the southbound lanes Monday through Friday from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Activity: * Workers are laying conduit in the median from mileposts 34 to 39.
* Heavy equipment operators are excavating the median and shoulders adjacent to northbound lanes at mileposts 34 through 38.
* Workers are replacing the southbound parapet at the Exit 36 structure.
* From milepost 38 to 46 the contractor is installing new fence.
* Culverts are being extended in the area as well.
I-15, Dixie Drive Interchange
Contract: Washington County Constructors
Location: St. George (Mileposts 5 – 6)
Impact: * Two lanes of traffic remain open in both directions.
* All exits are open.
* Speed is reduced to 55 m.p.h.
* Northbound traffic has been shifted to the southbound side of the interstate near the Santa Clara bridge.
* Motorists should use caution near the Bluff Street Interchange merge lanes.
* Traffic lanes have been shifted on Hilton Drive.
* The Hilton Drive Trail is closed.
Activity: * Workers are constructing columns for the new northbound lane bridge and continuing structural work for the Dixie Drive bridge over I-15.
* Workers continue erecting retention walls.
* Drainage work at Hilton Drive is on-going.
*Crews are forming and pouring bent caps which attach to the
columns of the new northbound mainline bridge over the Santa Clara
S.R. 9, 300 West To 800 North Hurricane
Contract: Interstate Rock Products
Location: Hurricane City State Street
Impact: From 100 East to 800 North, traffic runs one lane on each side of the road, leaving the inside lanes closed to accommodate work on the center islands.
Activity: * Workers are building island medians and working on associated landscaping and enhancements.
* Final pavement remains.
Safe Sidewalk Improvements
Contract: Beco Construction
Location: Laverkin, St. George, Toquerville
Impact: None expected.
Activity: The contractor anticipates installing sidewalk improvements on the south end of Bluff Street in St. George, Main Street in Laverkin and the Boulevard in Toquerville. Work is expected Monday through Saturday for the coming week. (Contracted amount includes similar projects throughout UDOT Region 4.)