SOUTHERN UTAH – The National Weather Service has issued a “Winter Weather Advisory” for snow for Washington and Iron Counties, in effect from 5 p.m. Thursday to 9 a.m. Friday.
Affected area – Southwest and south-central Utah, including the cities of Beaver, Cedar city, Milford, Kanab and Escalante.
Snow accumulations – Snowfall of 2 to 5 inches with less expected near Kanab.
Timing – Rain and snow will develop this evening, becoming all snow overnight before tapering off Friday morning.
Impacts – Winter driving conditions can be expected along I-15 and U.S.-89.
A winter weather advisory means that snow accumulations will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads. Use caution while driving.
For winter road conditions from the Utah Department of Transportation:
- Visit UDOT’s Road Weather Alerts
- Visit UDOT’s Current Road Conditions
- Obtain UDOT’s smartphone travel app
- Road, highway concerns after the storm, with or without plows
- Gorge closure; people stranded overnight recount experiences
- Sunny day after the snow; STGnews Photo Gallery
- St. George Municipal Airport is open, SkyWest-Delta flights resume operation
- News short: I-15 through Virgin River Gorge is open
- Movement in The Gorge for those in gridlock, closure remains in effect
- Local churches cancel Sunday services, observing public safety warnings
- Breaking News: I-15 through The Gorge completely closed, evacuation plan
- Northbound I-15 through the Gorge is closed, semitrailers stuck
- News short: UHP reopens all SB lanes through Black Ridge, I-15
- Dixie cities not equipped for snow removal, icy roads impassable; avoid driving
- I-15 incidents Millard south through AZ Strip; SB lanes closed on the Black Ridge
- Semitrailer jack-knifes on I-15, lanes blocked
- Snow incidents SR-18; photo gallery
- Minor slide-offs, accidents on I-15, heavy snowfall in the Gorge
- STGnews Photo Gallery: Let it Snow
- Winter Storm Warning: Statewide snow, gusty winds, road alerts
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.