ST. GEORGE – A dinner and auction will take place Aug. 21 to raise funds for Dixie High School’s football program.
Mike Welker, Dixie High School booster club president, said the football team is required to raise more than $40,000 dollars for its football program each year. While there are other fundraising events throughout the year for the football team, Welker said the majority of funds raised come from events like this dinner and auction.
“We have a group of hardworking kids,” Welker said, “and we need the help of the community to ensure these boys get a chance to play football.”
Dinner for the event will be donated by Peppers Cantina, and there will be silent and live auctions during the fundraiser. Items up for bid at the auctions include a 2007 Mitsubishi Galant, tickets to an NFL football game between the Arizona Cardinals and Washington Redskins, ticket packages for shows in Las Vegas, NCAA football tickets, sporting equipment, fine jewelry, Tuacahn show tickets and more.
The dinner and auction will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the Dixie High School commons area, 350 E. 700 South in St. George. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased at the office of Gallian Welker & Beckstrom, 965 E. 700 South, Suite 305 in St. George. Seating is limited, so those interested in attending are encouraged to purchase tickets early.
For additional information about the event, contact Welker at 435-229-4087 or email@example.com.
- When: Thursday, Aug. 21 | 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Dixie High School commons area, 350 E. 700 South in St. George
- Admission: $15 | Purchase tickets at offices of Gallian Welker & Beckstrom, 965 E. 700 South, Suite 305 in St. George
- Information: Mike Welker | 435-229-4087
- Media touts Pine View, coaches tab Desert Hills during 2014 football media event
- Former NFL players, varsity team members hone local boys’ football skills
- Baseball roundup: Snow Canyon Juniors win big; SG Legion, Dixie LL both go down
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.